Since the Coronavirus outbreak and subsequent shutdown of many businesses, the spotlight is now on different work-from-home options. This increased interest has spurred more adoption of remote technologies such as video conferencing, hosted cloud applications and virtual desktop software.
Using tools available from leading vendors such as Microsoft, SonicWALL and Splashtop, it is possible to setup user friendly communication and collaboration tools to help your business succeed no matter where your staff is working from.
1. Maintain remote access to your computers and servers.
2. Make sure you can continue to pay bills and receive payments.
3. Ensure your phone system can be routed or accessed while out of the office.
4. Validate that you have good backups and that backups will continue to run in your absence.
5. Software such as Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Accounting, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and any other enterprise software should be made accessible from outside of your office.
6. Utilize redundant Internet connections to ensure remote access.
7. Ensure that you have enough mobile devices for your staff to maintain secure, reliable, and supportable access to your office resources. Keep a few a few extra laptops and tablets on hand so that your employees can use them.
As always feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions, concerns, or would like assistance taking a deeper dive into your business continuity plan.
Splashtop Remote Access Software The Better Alternative to LOGMEIN and GOTOMYPC
Access your office files from anywhere Direct connection to your office network
Heritage Technology Solutions has extensive experience assisting businesses with evaluating their current work environment and converting it into a remote-friendly workplace
Are you interested in learning more? Send us an email and we’ll have one of our experienced engineers reach out to you to discuss your options.