Heritage Technology Solutions is a full service network integrator offering complete solutions that include high quality computer products, printer hardware, software applications, network consultation, design, cabling, and support. Our emphasis is focused on integrating Internet connectivity, mass storage, voice/data communications, document imaging, security solutions and telephone systems with network technology. Incorporated in 1983, our business occupies a 4000 square foot service facility, centrally located to service our Chicago, suburban and Northwest Indiana clients. Just minutes away from major expressways, we can provide the fast response our customers demand and deserve.
The Service Dispatcher is responsible for attaining maximum utilization of internal and field technical resources through daily dispatch of service requests. Perform service request intake from clients; assign, schedule and dispatch service engineers for remote or onsite service according to urgency, and contractual service level agreement (SLA). Strong client relations are a must.
- Act as the single point of contact to the client for all types of service requests
- Act as primary “after hours” service emergency contact for dispatch
- Coordination of all IT support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct client input
- Schedule internal and field technical resources on the Tigerpaw dispatch portal
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of client requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Understand processes in Tigerpaw by completing assigned training using Tigerpaw University
- Enter all work as service tickets into Tigerpaw
- Manage the service delivery team’s daily activities
- Interface with appropriate technical personnel for client problems
- Drive problem investigations and resolution as required
- Design and maintain process documentation for the service delivery team
- Responsible for service scheduling, escalation and client satisfaction
- Active role in daily management of all services calls
- Responsible for service billing
- Responsible for maintenance contract management and billing
- Ensure quality and profitable services are performed to the agreed SLA
- To ensure that systems, processes and methodologies are followed according to company guidelines
- To build relationships with clients and participate in necessary client meetings (pre & post sales)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Skill in planning and preparing written communications
- Skill in leading people and getting results with a strong client orientation and ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- There may be a requirement to work outside normal office hours to undertake routine maintenance or resolve problems
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve network operations standards and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments, services providers, company and vendor support organizations
- Outstanding judgment and the ability to interact in a stressful and challenging environment
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Strong positive client feedback
- Strong positive engineer feedback
- High utilization of engineering team’s time
- Skilled team leader
- Hard working but easy-going manner
- Strong client service ethos
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and committed to self-development
- Team player
- Pro-active approach to quality
- Unwavering commitment to preventing and solving issues
- Must be well organized and practical with a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully with all levels of staff
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve high pressure issues
- Enjoys a challenging yet rewarding environment
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in an effective and professional manner
Education and work experience
- Possesses and demonstrates basic understanding of computer hardware components, their functions and how they interconnect.
- Demonstrates intermediate skills using Microsoft Windows and Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) in a business setting.
- Possesses and demonstrates basic understanding of IT technology concepts and components such as servers, networks, switches, routers, firewalls etc
- Position requires the following physical activity: Sitting, standing, walking, typing, lifting and/or carrying up to 50lbs, crouching, bending, kneeling, stretching.
- Work environment will usually be standard office settings. Some off site work may be required for customer site meetings and training.
General employee standards
- Utilize the documentation that is made available as a matter of routine to all employees in the style and content appropriate for each position.
- Perform all work according to company policies and standards.
- Strive to achieve the highest possible degree of standardization in the work performed.
- Act, dress and speak in a professional manner to customers, staff and vendors,
- Work with peers to further the strategic objectives of the company.
- Take ownership of our customer’s problems and go to great lengths to solve them.
- Document time, service performed and parts accurately
- Provide staff assistance as requested.
- Consider customer present needs in light of future goals.
- Greet and treat all customers and fellow employees in a friendly and professional manner.
- Be neat and accurate with all work.
- Maintain all records in an organized, orderly, accessible manner.
- Answer the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner
- Tigerpaw Dispatch Portal Management
- Ensure that all new Service tickets are scheduled within 1 hour utilizing the documented “Dispatch Procedure”
- Ensure that no ticket for any technician reverts to a status of Past Due. Check each morning for Past Due tickets.
- Ensure that all tickets older than 4 days are reviewed periodically. Either assign them to new technicians for completion and follow up on them, or Close/Cancel the ticket where appropriate.
- Document all actions in the ticket Internal Notes.
- Ensure that all tickets are followed up on and resolved.
- Project Management
- On all projects larger than a simple, one technician fix, act as project manager for the event.
- Track the progress of each technician and coordinate between technicians and clients to ensure speedy and flawless execution of the event.
- On all multi-technician engagements, ensure that the ticket(s) are completed as quickly as possible.
- Issue escalation point & customer interface
- Act as the initial point of contact for any client complaints or service related issues. Try to resolve issues and get Account Managers involved as necessary.
- Ensure new staff are set up with and trained on Tigerpaw, Exchange, etc.
- Address current staff issues with regard to filling out service tickets, products, HR issues, performance issues, etc.
- Write new procedures for specific technical tasks to provide consistency in the way our technicians resolve issues.
- Train staff on the proper use of these procedures. Add these procedures to the company employee manual.
- Actively pursue learning skills by developing a training plan and consistently making progress toward your training objectives.
- Inventory management
- Ensure that all products taken to a customer site are correctly documented on tickets.
- Implement and maintain a checkout inventory system for all company tools and in-vehicle hardware.
- Participate in the planning, organization, administration, review and evaluation of technical staff.
- Participate in the management and problem resolution of the company computer and communications network environment.
- After service follow up for new and key clients
- Implement and maintain Tigerpaw service surveys. Follow up with surveys to resolve issue when appropriate.
- Inventory tracking
- Sign out parts that are being taken to a client, which may or may not be used.
- Maintain a current list of items in his car and/or office.
- Billing forms
- Make sure that all paperwork for service or sales is filled out properly and completely, before passing it to accounting.
- Notify Purchasing and document any prices quoted before ordering.
- Occasional quotes
- Quoting parts for service calls.
- Supply input on highly technical quotes.
- Request assistance from the sales department on quotes that are more detailed.
- Review all Technician’s daily time entries for completeness, clarity and accuracy.
- Review all service tickets that have been completed by the Specialists for completeness, clarity and accuracy and then mark the tickets as Closed for billing.
- Monitor the Tigerpaw Service Boards several times per day assessing ticket statuses/projects and take appropriate actions to move the tickets/projects to the next step toward closure.
- Maintain the status and scheduling of all service tickets and projects in Tigerpaw.
- Conduct the daily data backup tape rotation for on-premise servers.
- Review and report on the data backup statuses of the previous night’s client data backups.
- Answer incoming phone calls and either handled them directly or route them to the proper individuals.
- Develop/document internal processes and procedures.
- Check-in and Check-out customer walk-ins.
- Inventory the equipment checked out by technicians.
- Perform other related responsibilities as determined by management.
- Keep management informed of any customer satisfaction or relationship concerns.
- Communicate effectively and at appropriate times with all levels of internal staff and client personnel.
- Review and approve weekly the Specialists' weekly time reports for completeness, clarity and accuracy.
- Prepare service reports that provide the Solutions Manager and the company President with information needed to make critical business and service delivery decisions.
- Report the utilization of IT Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Service Manager
- Provide accurate reports and metrics to company management on the status and budget of on-going projects and agreements
- Provide reports on an agreed schedule to Senior Management and clients
We would like to thank you for your interest in applying to Heritage Technology Solutions.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
The job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
*Candidates must be available to work after hours and on weekends in an “on call emergency basis”
Heritage Technology Solutions13600 S. Kenton
Crestwood, IL 60418