Low Voltage Technician
Heritage Technology Solutions is a full-service network integrator offering complete solutions that include high-quality computer products, printer hardware, software applications, network consultation, design, cabling, and support. Our emphasis is focused on integrating Internet connectivity, mass storage, voice/data communications, document imaging, security solutions and telephone systems with network technology. Incorporated in 1983, our business occupies a 4000 square foot service facility, centrally located to service our Chicago, suburban and Northwest Indiana clients. Just minutes away from major expressways, we can provide the fast response our customers demand and deserve.
HTS is recognized as one of the premier technology consulting firms in the Chicago area and we are currently seeking hard-working, enthusiastic Structured Cabling Installers, Telecommunications Installers, Security (access control, CCTV & burglar) Low Voltage Technician of various levels of experience.
HTS specializes in burglar alarm, medical alarm, and monitoring and security systems for businesses, government facilities. We offer expertise with the latest technology in surveillance cameras, door access, phone systems and audiovisual solutions. Our staff thrives on being professional, providing customer satisfaction and managing expectations. We focus on your security needs with passion, reliability and responsiveness.
We are expanding our roster for upcoming projects and are seeking the best of the best in the telecommunication and security industries.
You can make a difference at HTS
You have valuable technical skills. Aren't you ready to use those skills to make a difference? At HTS, you can. We bring peace of mind to our customers by helping them protect what they value most. Our customers trust us because of our long, proud history, our integrity and our commitment to excellence in all we do.
How have we achieved so much? The answer is simple. We hire the best people and give them the tools they need to grow and succeed. If you're looking for a company that will treat you right and reward your hard work, there's no better place than HTS.
Ready to join the team?
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team. As a critical part of the HTS team, you would work onsite with our commercial customers to set up and program their HTS security and fire systems.
Technicians are needed for all phases of cabling including: pulling wire, terminating jacks( all types), terminating patch panels, dress cables, test & label cables, pulling fiber and terminating fiber.
Knowledge and skills
Training, certification, and/or experience on structured cabling, access control, telephone systems, CCTV and fiber optic systems is required (DSX, Honeywell, FireLite, Arm, Axis, etc.)
- Possess a high level of independent judgment within established procedures
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of network topologies and associated cabling standards
- Experience in Cat 5e, coax, fiber and other low voltage wiring installations.
- Experience in basic installation of CCTV, burglar, fire and phone systems a plus.
- Ability to work extended hours (overtime) as needed
- Ability to be regularly scheduled for on-call status if needed
- Position requires daily travel to worksites
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety including properly utilizing required safety equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience installing alarm systems
- Flexible schedule
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required: to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, walk, sit and use hands to pull cables and wires, reach with hands and arms, use power tools, work in awkward positions and climb ladders and/or scaffolding.
- The employee must be able to safely lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, and color vision.
- The noise level in the work environment varies from minimal to loud. These positions normally require inside work however employee may be exposed to outside weather elements.
- Pass a background check (We do nationwide background checks that go back 20 years)
- Pass a drug test
As a leading technology company, HTS is passionate about deploying high-caliber communications experts. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented technical professionals with all levels of communications skills. We know that every professional has different needs, so we'll work together to determine a suitable salary and benefits package.
Duties and responsibilities
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or HTS.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May work with other installers who are dedicated to a large commercial and/or national accounts project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We would like to thank you for your interest in applying to Heritage Technology Solutions.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
The job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
*Candidates must be available to work after hours and on weekends in an “on-call emergency basis”
Heritage Technology Solutions - Crestwood13600 S. Kenton Avenue
(located at the corner of 136th street and Kenton)
Crestwood, IL 60418
Email: email@example.com www.htspc.net