Accounting Administrative Assistant
The Accounting Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting and supporting general accounting with the general ledger, billing, and month-end processing. The Accounting Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for filing documents, reconciling statements, and running reports.
- Maintain the general ledger accounts.
- Post journal entries in the accounting software using ConnectWise.
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Review all accounts payable batches and monthly reports for validity, accuracy, and completeness and releasing the batches for payment.
- Follow-up, collection, and allocation of payments.
- Perform the collections process.
- Reconciliation of customer and vendor accounts.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Assist in preparing all invoice types through an automated process in ConnectWise based on billing cycle.
- Assist in processing employee time and expense reports.
- Assist with conducting credit checks on prospects and reporting results to management.
- Maintain customer financial information and status in ConnectWise.
- Assist with establishing customer agreements in ConnectWise that correspond to service or project contracts.
- Perform other accounting activities as required.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in posting journal entries in the accounting software using ConnectWise.
- Assist in tracking employee vacation and sick time.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries with billing and invoicing.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as activities or service tickets in ConnectWise.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid understanding of general ledger accounts.
- Proficient in general office applications and accounting software.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Experience performing accounting activities such as reviewing general ledger entries and research of entries processed.
- Excellent understanding of the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Skill in preparing written communications.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
- 3 years of accounting or finance related experience.
- Must have experience with Quickbooks
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health benefits included.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
Only local candidates need apply.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Heritage Technology Solutions - Crestwood13600 S. Kenton Avenue
(located at the corner of 136th street and Kenton)
Crestwood, IL 60418
Email: email@example.com www.htspc.net